has anyone come across this conflict before

Advanced and professional portal news Joomla template with community features and various content display layouts.
GK User
Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:12 pm
hi, i have installed a module that i used on the older template in joomla 1.5 and that module is called ultimate feed display

now when i have used it before i have had no problem but when i have just used it now it causes trouble for mod gk news the error i get is below and this shows up on the page when i am trying to use the ultimate feed display module and the gk4 news on the same page

Notice: Undefined property via __get(): date in /home/in2town/public_html/modules/mod_news_pro_gk4/gk_classes/gk.source.k2.php on line 130 in /home/in2town/public_html/libraries/joomla/date/date.php on line 185

my site is www.in2town.co.uk can anyone please let me know what the problem is.
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:07 am
Hi

I've checked the code and looks like an unsupported sign was used to define date. Just for test please unpublish this new module and let me know if this removes this error, than try just for test publish it in the same module position than NSP is but in an order so this new one is loaded as last. I want to check if this module isn't overwritting joomla values.

GK User
Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:38 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

I've checked the code and looks like an unsupported sign was used to define date. Just for test please unpublish this new module and let me know if this removes this error, than try just for test publish it in the same module position than NSP is but in an order so this new one is loaded as last. I want to check if this module isn't overwritting joomla values.

hi tried i have just tried this but it still comes up with the error
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:10 pm
in2town wrote:
teitbite wrote:Hi

hi tried i have just tried this but it still comes up with the error

found the solution. if you have this problem then check out the solution below

Go to Ultimate Feed Display module and check if "debug" is to No
If was to Yes set it to No. If this does not fixes your problem try this

edit the modules/mod_we_ufeed_display/mod_we_ufeed_display.php at line16 find

@error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT);
replace it with

//@error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT);
Platinum Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:50 am
hi

You can simply change the error level in joomla global configuration for server. This will just hide the error messages, but not fix them. Anyway this particular message is a warning, not an error, so such solution is a good one.