Gavick cache

Professional Business Joomla template for corporate and business websites suitable for showing stock quotes, up to date news, portfolio management resources or international market data.
GK User
Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:23 pm
Hi.

I wanted to ask you what is the benefit of the two Gavick cache plugins with enabled (on) in the template versus the standard Joomla cache. Is there a serious difference in performance ? Better compatibility ?
What is it that justifies opting for Gavick cache compared to Joomla system cache.

Thank you.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:26 am
The plugins are nearly the same but if you use different desktop/mobile mode you should use our cache plugins. Full configuration is described here » GK Cache & GK ExtCache Plugins – GavickPro Documentation
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:24 pm
Hi there.

The system cache has a validity time in general configuration.
When using Gavick cache instead of system cache, how is cache time dealt ?
There are no settings in the plugins ?
Php files have to be edited such as gavickExtCache.php, if so please indicate exactly where.

Thank you.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:27 am
Our cache plugins are necessary in non-responsive templates like financial business to cache different template versions like destkop/andoid/facebook separately.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:13 pm
Thanks for your reply.
But i was asking about cache time.
How long does the cache last and can it be adjusted ?
In joomla general configuration you can adjust the cache validity.
What about for Gavick cache ?

Thank you.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:27 pm
The settings in our plugin are the same with the global one, we just released improved version of default cache plugin which is working according to global cache configuration.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:43 am
Hi, thanks for your reply.

If I understand correctly, global joomla cache system is disabled, but gavick cache will take it's validity time from whatever was set in system joomla cache even when disabled ?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:29 pm
Please enable global cache to conservative mode, our plugin only replace the default Joomla! cache plugin.
Platinum Boarder