Duplicate article in modal

Professional Business Joomla template for corporate and business websites suitable for showing stock quotes, up to date news, portfolio management resources or international market data.
GK User
Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:35 pm
Hi.

At "www.malkova.com/partners" when the last picture to the right is clicked a modal appears with the concerned person's article/bio, but it is displayed twice. There are also social icons which shouldn't be there.
For instance the twitter icon is seen although it is disabled in the template's manager and isn't present on the site. Why does it show up ? And some others are missing ?
My main concern is the duplication of the article. I would like the modal not to display the social icons if possible, if it does it should respect the selection from the template manager.

It is to be noted that if I switch to the standard Joomla templates the problem isn't occurring.
This behavior can be triggered even via direct link:
http://www.malkova.com/partners/81-malk ... tmpl=modal

Also if you don't scroll and click on the picture, the top menu overlaps and sticks inside the window.
I've searched the forum and seen that there were some same issues in the past with modals,

https://www.gavick.com/forums/financial ... 18179.html

https://www.gavick.com/forums/130/main- ... 21156.html

Thank you for your assistance.

P.S.
I sent you a screenshot of my modal.php in the system folder, but again everything works fine in default templates.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:19 pm
Attachment
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:53 am
Hi

It's a known issue with an old PHP version. Please simply edit /html/com_content/article/default.php and remove this layer:

Code: Select all
<gavern:mobile>
</gavern:mobile>

or update PHP to the latest version.

GK User
Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:41 am
Hi.
Thanks for your reply.

The article isn't duplicated anymore, great.
You mentioned to update php to the latest version but I'm using the 2.16 template version.
I removed the whole thing as you stated, it was a pretty substantial amount of code, by doing so am I sacrifying functionality for mobile devices ? The area removed was <gavern:mobile> </gavern:mobile>.

There is still the issue with twitter (not even icon but just text) appearing when it is disabled on the site, and other enabled social icons not appearing, please have a look, consistency would be nice. I wouldn't mind having no icons appearing at all if possible in the modal. How to switch between having social icons or not in the modal ?

Please inform me how to prevent the menu from intruding itself onto the modal (have a look)

Thank you so much.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:24 am
Hi

Are You sure You have removed this code properly ? It looks like a wrong html syntat issue to me. Please send me an access to ftp so I'll check.

GK User
Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:16 am
Hi.
Thanks for your reply.

Yes I removed the whole part as mentioned by you (<gavern:mobile>
</gavern:mobile>)

It is to be noted that this was done from the latest template (ver 2.16) /html/com_content/article/default.php
Here is an attached copy of the redacted default.php (only what you told).

Please advise if this section removal (<gavern:mobile>...</gavern:mobile>) affects mobile functionality for the site.
Please advise for the menu overlapping. VERY IMPORTANT.
Thank you.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:24 pm
The menu problem seems to be solved now buy overriding with

div.gk-menu {
z-index: auto;
}
Thanks to Pawel F from one of his previous posts.

Teitbite, the only thing left now are the social icons appearing strangely (remember this is only in modal window mode).
Please have look at the attachment in my today's previous post, the file default.php is there.
The default.php contains code pertaining to the social media icons interaction/behavior.
The problem may be from there.

Thanks a lot.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:09 am
Hi

Ok. Please try remove also lines as:

<gavern:desktop>
</gavern:desktop>

this will leave a one layout for both mobile and desktop. Unfortunately I cannot tell anything about buttons now. Hopefully removing above lines will solve it. If not than I would advice to paste a code generated on social pages and replace the one one are there now. This will be a bullet proof solution. I cannot tell more without an access to ftp and some tests.

GK User
Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:42 pm
Thanks for your help.
I removed the word twitter ("Twitter" text was in code) now it is not appearing anymore.

I wanted to ask if removing the section you told earlier <gavern:mobile>
</gavern:mobile>

kills the mobile functionality of the template or not ?
Thank you.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:22 pm
Hi

It should not since Your server is not recognising it, but to be sure remove

<gavern:desktop>
</gavern:desktop>

lines as well.