Top Menu

Professional Business Joomla template for corporate and business websites suitable for showing stock quotes, up to date news, portfolio management resources or international market data.
GK User
Tue May 21, 2013 11:50 pm
Hi,

I would like to add a top menu (above the register/login buttons)
what would be the best way? I've noticed that there is a position called "lang" is it active?

Regards
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed May 22, 2013 7:20 am
Hi,
lang position is for language switcher. If think you will need add new module position and publish your top menu there. Here you have tutorial how to add new module position http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... -position/
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue May 28, 2013 3:33 pm
Thanks,

I have added the following 2 positions into nav.php ( I followed the other steps as you mentioned above)

Code: Select all
<?php if($this->modules('top_menu')) : ?>
<div id="gkTop_menu">
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="top_menu" style="<?php echo $this->module_styles['top_menu']; ?>" />
</div>
<?php endif; ?>

<?php if($this->modules('top_search')) : ?>
<div id="gkTop_search">
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="top_search" style="<?php echo $this->module_styles['top_search']; ?>" />
</div>
<?php endif; ?>

Link to check:http://goo.gl/Vsjwt

Could you please help, I am not sure how to set the correct position and CSS, I would like to get a result similar to the attached photo

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 28, 2013 4:06 pm
Can you attach your photo again ?
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue May 28, 2013 4:14 pm
Oh, sorry, here you go

image.jpg
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed May 29, 2013 10:29 am
Please try add this to override.css
Code: Select all
#gkMenu {
margin: -40px 0 0 0;
border:none !important;
float:right;
}
#gkPageTop {
border-bottom: 4px solid #7CA078;
}

and remember to enable override.css option in template settings.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri May 31, 2013 11:45 am
Thanks, I got this sorted :-)

How can I add a link to the cart "virtumart" next to login and register
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:30 am
You need to modify this part of template but will be not so easy to get pop-up cart. The best solution is to download some template which have pop-up cart like storebox, eSport etc. and compare the code. You need to add cart.php file to template, then some script to gk.script.js and finally HTML code to default.php file.
Platinum Boarder