Template Custom Error Page Does Not Work

Professional Business Joomla template for corporate and business websites suitable for showing stock quotes, up to date news, portfolio management resources or international market data.
GK User
Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:50 am
Dear Gavick. I have installed and enabled sh404sef and now I am not able to get your custom error page. Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you in advance.
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:32 pm
Hi

Please tell me an url to Your site.

GK User
Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:39 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

Please tell me an url to Your site.

Hello. I will send you a pm with URL.

Thanks for your reply.
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:12 am
Hi

Sorry. I see nothing from You in my PM, please try one more time or use my mail.

GK User
Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:22 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

Sorry. I see nothing from You in my PM, please try one more time or use my mail.

Hi there. Thank you for following up with my issue. I actually managed to fix it.

So sh404sef has a spot in configuration where you can specify how the error page is displayed. The sh404sef has a default template that links to Joomla article and can be easily modified. By default gavick error page was disabled. So anyway, it works for now.

Thanks again. :)
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:37 am
Hi

Ok. Great to hear that You've managed to fix it :)

GK User
Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:16 am
this is so sad..a thread got solved without explaining how it got solved...

hi there<

can you explain us how the issue was solved. I am facing the same issue with sh404sef.
I tried to configure the sh404sef there is default section for 404 but I am not able to enable default template 404 page.

Let me know asap

thanks
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:00 am
raviufor wrote:this is so sad..a thread got solved without explaining how it got solved...

hi there<

can you explain us how the issue was solved. I am facing the same issue with sh404sef.
I tried to configure the sh404sef there is default section for 404 but I am not able to enable default template 404 page.

Let me know asap

thanks

well, what I did was I went to Components > sh404SEF > Control Panel > Configuration > Error page configuration. I then removed both entries for Itemid to use for 404 page & Sub-template for display.

I then went to article and category manager and deleted the article created by sh404SEF.

I hope this will fix it. Let me know if it does.

Thx.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:30 am
Thanks for the help. I have moved same of directed bellow.

Now I can see template default 404 page but with lang file labels on it.

I checked lang files, all this labels have there own clear wording as of demo.
I dono where I went wrong here.

Any help from experts.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:42 pm
Hi

That's because 404 page is loaded via sh404 component and not template. So I think it will be faster to translate lang values inside file. Can someone please tell me a link to an example of such page ? I need to check which file is involved.

GK User
Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:48 am
any update over here :).. thanks
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:29 pm
Hi

Sorry, I do not know how to force loading this file while sh404 is on. I think it will be faster to change this text directly in /error.php file in template folder.

GK User
Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:57 pm
Cool thanks for the update. i have removed the code and written text directly. it works fine now

thanks again
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:34 pm
Hi all,

Just an update to this thread. I found out that you can just use the en-GB.override.ini in language override folder to fix the language issues.

Cheers!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:53 am
OmikunleA wrote:Hi all,

Just an update to this thread. I found out that you can just use the en-GB.override.ini in language override folder to fix the language issues.

Cheers!

Hi

Yes, that's true. I've already mentioned that it can be override in language settings, so You do not have to directly edit this file but use joomla language panel to make it.