Styling issue of loadBlock('right')

Professional Business Joomla template for corporate and business websites suitable for showing stock quotes, up to date news, portfolio management resources or international market data.
GK User
Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:16 pm
Hello,
i am using Financial Busiiness Template. Now i want to change the appearance of the right colums. They should have a certain colour grey and the whole block should have this colour and should be as long as the content block.

In the Demo, the background colour ist white. And the hight of the right block depends on the modules, that are published.

I want the right block should be grey and independ of the published modules.

Thanks for your help
Junior Boarder

Konrad M
Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:02 am
Hi,
please try add to your override.css
Code: Select all
#gkRight {
height: 500px !important;
background:#2e2e2e !important;
}

and set your own color and height value to fit your needs. Remember to enable override.css option in template settings.

GK User
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:51 pm
Konrad M wrote:Hi,
please try add to your override.css
Code: Select all
#gkRight {
height: 500px !important;
background:#2e2e2e !important;
}

and set your own color and height value to fit your needs. Remember to enable override.css option in template settings.

Thank you for the quick reply.
With this solution i can adjust a min-height for the right block. And it could be a good workaround to help me to solve the problem a little bit.

But the point is, i want the right block to be etc: background:#2e2e2e independent from the modules thera are published. But on the other hand, there is the main content block and also here there are different modules published. But on subpages they some modules are not published. And so i get white spaces for the right block or too much white space in main block.

My question: is there a workaround to cover these two blocks. To have on the main block a white background and on the other right a grey background independ of the module positions who are published and amount of text in subpages.
Junior Boarder

Konrad M
Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:04 am
Try go to template settings. Here in 'Features' section you will find "suffix for pages" option. It allow you to add suffix for body element in custom pages. You have to set suffix for page ID (you have to check in menu ID of menu item). And with this option you can set diffrent background for elements in each page.

GK User
Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:44 am
Konrad M wrote:Try go to template settings. Here in 'Features' section you will find "suffix for pages" option. It allow you to add suffix for body element in custom pages. You have to set suffix for page ID (you have to check in menu ID of menu item). And with this option you can set diffrent background for elements in each page.

Tahnks a lot for this tip. I will try it out.
Junior Boarder