Fonts changed after template update - again!

Professional Business Joomla template for corporate and business websites suitable for showing stock quotes, up to date news, portfolio management resources or international market data.
GK User
Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:46 am
Hello! I still have problem with fonts that change after restoration from backup and some upgrades.

The first round of my strugle is described here https://www.gavick.com/forums/financial ... 19547.html

The second round is described here: https://www.gavick.com/forums/financial ... 20197.html

What I did:

1. Restored website from the backup
2. Upgraded Joomla from 2.5.5 to 2.5.7
3.Upgraded K2 from 2.5.7 to 2.6.1
4.Updated template to lates version by uploading the files.

The problem remains - I have now Times new roman font instead Arial in IE and Firefox.

Website before upgrade - [cut]
Website after upgrade - [cut]
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:16 am
Hi,

Our templates since longer time have the settings backup option - to avoid similar problems in the future, before complex operations I recommend to save configuration and then restore it after all changes - it guarantees that configuration will be saved and properly restored.
Administrator

GK User
Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:09 pm
Thanks, dziudek, I saved configuration on working website and will try to load it again after upgrade.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:48 am
Hello, dziudek!

Thank you your suggestion, at first it seemed that it solved my problem. However the fonts has changed again, even after I loaded saved configuration file. Could I PM you login/password that you might take a look at the backend of the site?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:15 am
Did you do something in the admin panel what cause the problem?
Administrator

GK User
Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:39 am
I updated Joomla, K2, sh404sef, add language packs and installed free version of Falang. I have a back up of this site before the action and I can try to restore this back up.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:20 am
But the update caused the font rules reset? Or it was removed due other operation in the template back-end?
Administrator

GK User
Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:25 am
Althogh not 100% sure I think that template update caused the font rules reset.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:32 am
It can cause the settings reset, then you should restore the settings from the previously prepared backup.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:40 am
Restoration from saved template configuration file does not work. Please explain how can I "restore the settings from the previously prepared backup"?
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:09 pm
Please attach the saved configuration file, probably it was saved with the wrong font settings. The process must works, because it edits the template params directly in the database.
Administrator

GK User
Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:24 pm
Thanks, here it is!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:14 pm
And after loading this configuration file through the template back-end the font's are wrong? I'm asking, because the font's are properly defined and the JSON file is properly saved in the proper format.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:54 am
>>And after loading this configuration file through the template back-end the font's are wrong?
Yes, I have done all the updating once again right now and now I am sure - fonts change after updating the template.

I tried to load 2 saved configurations and both have the same issue - fonts changed.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:31 am
So I will need the administrator access - please send it to me by Private Message.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:45 am
Thank you! I PMed you with all the info.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:45 am
Sorry but now I don't understand - the fonts appears in the back-end and on the website correctly. The only strange thing is fact that in your head section you have this wrong CSS fragment:
Code: Select all
font-family: 'Princess Sofia', cursive;
font-family: 'Butterfly Kids', cursive;
font-family: 'Almendra SC', serif;

but I don't know from where it comes.
Administrator

GK User
Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:02 pm
Yes, it seemed casuse the problem. I have the same piece of code on working website (before) update and decided not to change it. Now I deleted this piece and everything seems to be working! Thank you very much for your patience!
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:17 pm
So probably this fragment caused parsing problem in your browser, in Chrome it was working fine even with these rules :)
Administrator

GK User
Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:20 pm
Yes, I was also surprised that Chrome has rendered the fonts properly... Thanks again!
Expert Boarder