text "ARTICLES" in the top of the title.

Professional Business Joomla template for corporate and business websites suitable for showing stock quotes, up to date news, portfolio management resources or international market data.
GK User
Thu May 24, 2012 3:17 pm
Hi,

I'm making a site with the Financial Business template, but every time a create a new article the text "ARTICLES" appears in the top of the title.

Anyone can tell me how do I remove this?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri May 25, 2012 1:36 am
Hi,

Can you please let me see the issue to advise you better?

Thanks,
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:50 am
Hey there,

If you're using 2.5 then try doing a language override by going to Extentions -> Language Manager -> Overrides

Then create a new override and use JGLOBAL_ARTICLES as the language constant then leave the text field empty and save it. I think that should take care of your problems, basically this just creates a override translation that says that the JGLOBAL_ARTICLES should be translated into nothing, meaning it'll disappear.

Hope it helps :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:12 am
@Meisner: it could help but we shouldn't do like that because the would be some else places using that string that could be missed. We should check to remove the code that generates that line.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:36 am
@Don Lee
Very true, i've had this problem twice and i havn't noticed any errors from using this method.

However, you can also go after the code itself, it used to be in the components/com_content/views/article/view.html.php file
line 172.
Code: Select all
$this->params->def('page_heading', JText::_('JGLOBAL_ARTICLES'));

But this was in an old 1.7 site, you could try doing a search with eXtplorer if you have this installed on your site, set it to search the content and do a search for JGLOBAL_ARTICLES, then i should find any occurrences of this text on your site.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:00 pm
I think it was a bug of an old version, I have checked with the latest version but I don't see the issue, if it existed, it must be in this file /templates/gk_finance_business/html/com_content/article/default.php
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:26 pm
SOLVED: The bug fix worked for me and is way easier than editing a core file.

on "options". You should now see the new tab "Page Display
Options". Make your selection "no page title" one more time and save.
Fresh Boarder