Update to Joomla 3.x

AppPhone - perfect Joomla template to for app developers for showing your applications support forum.
GK User
Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:00 pm
Hello,

I have the appPhone website running on joomla 2.5. Joomla 2.5 will be vulnerable very soon.
Is tehre a way to update the the site including the template, such that in runs on 3.x?

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:42 pm
Hi,
you're using very old template, from 2011.
So it's not supported anymore. We don't have plans to update this one.

But you can try to update to Joomla 3.3 there is a small hope that it will still be working after "mini migration".
If not , you have to hire for private job one of GK moderators to help you.
Don't forget to play on website clone created from back-up.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:17 pm
Hi.

What you mean when you say mini migration?

I will give it a try. But I think its not das especially refardimg the layout und all Plugins...

Who can I ask for hirement?

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:15 pm
Upgrade from j2.5 --> 3.3 is called as a mini migration, not simple upgrade, new CMS made many changes, also in template section.
That's why it's not so easy, each case is different. It can take 60 min or 5 hours, so price depends on it.
Check PM.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:22 pm
Thanks.

Here is my progress:
  • Updated to Joomla 2.5.28
  • Complete Server Backup (new starting point)
  • Disabled then uninstalled old plg_gkextmenu plugin
  • Updated to joomla 3.2 via Components -> Joomla Update. Before doing so I had to set Updates = "Short term support" under options and do a purge update on the Extensions -> Updates tab.
  • Then the screen remains blank. Turned on debugging gave me "Fatal error: Class 'JParameter' not found in /plugins/system/plg_gkmodulelinks/plg_gkmodulelinks.php on line 26"

I will see what I can do by disabling extensions. I am not sure if the template itself is able to do the update.
Cheers
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:56 pm
But as you know support do not include migration help :( in particular old templates.
1) but yes, disable all gk plugins and later reinstall with version for j3 only
2) Use joomla 3.3.6 not J3.2
Platinum Boarder